Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Weightless passion

So, it turns out that women really like the high-flying-so-light-weight-that-they-don't-have any-weight-at-all-guys.
Witness this excerpt from an e-mail sent by astronaut on the ground Colleen Shipman to her orbiting beau, Bill Ofelein, back before his other romantic interest, astronaut Lisa Nowack, went all "Fatal Attraction'' and attacked Ms. Shipman: "Will have to control myself when I see you. First urge will be to rip your clothes off... but honestly, love, I want you to totally and thoroughly enjoy your hero's homecoming."
At first I thought, ""Man, Tang must be like catnip to these babes.''
But then I looked at my own love life. Here in the Mission Control Center at the Asbury Park Press, I myself receive some pretty steamy e-mails from lonely Russian women who are just dying to meet me.
I delete these e-mails because they can't hold a candle to the ones my wife sends me:
"Mike: Bring home milk. Love, me.''
And I don't have to take a rocket ship.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention the P.S. in her letter..oh yeah, could you pick up some diapers, too..I'm all out...

3:08 PM, March 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home