Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Saturday, February 18, 2006

What are your Top 5 movies, destinations, albums?

There are all these books on the market these days, thick tomes with titles like ''1000 Movies You Must See Before You Die'' and ''1000 Travel Destinations You Must Visit Before You Kick the Bucket'' and ''Eight Bazilion Tunes You Must Hear Before the Fat Lady Sings.''

And my response to this has to be ''NOW you tell me???''

I'm 47 years old and the chances that I'm going to get to see the architecture of northeastern India or obscure black and white French horror films, or to listen to meandering jazz doodlings are slim. I mean even if I watched the movies while listening to the tunes in flight to some far-flung corner of the world, I just haven't got the time before the fat lady sings, you know?

And what's the penalty if I don't cross it all off my list before I hear a chorus of angels. Is St. Peter going to stand at the gates of heaven with a clipboard saying, ''Sorry, Mike. You don't go anywhere, watched too many Hollywood flicks, and spent way too much of your brief time on earth listening to alternate takes of 'Born To Run.' Heaven's not for slackers, pal.''

What I need is a little help. Let's whittle it down. What are the Top 5 movies, places, and albums I ought to experience before I shuffle off this mortal coil?

And keep in mind that I've already seen ''Porky's.''

Thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you concern yourself with such trivia with the accident about to happen at Oyster Creek, the Arabs about to control our ports, all kinds of necessities such as electricity, fuel and even milk going beyond affordability?

How many will freeze to death from lack of heat before our children get rickets from lack of milk?

This is the tip of the iceberg. Will we get our country back?

7:40 AM, February 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home