Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

High-tech Infants

An editor brought his baby boy to the office yesterday so we could take a look at his beautiful son. And he really is a beautiful baby. I really mean that. Some babies are pretty homely looking, but we always say that they are beautiful, because what else are you going to say.

But this was one good-looking child. What we could see of him. He was wearing some sort of blanket/pancho that obscured everything but his face, which was framed in a perfect circle.
And the stroller the kid was being pushed around in looked like something the boys at NASA cooked up on their lunch hour, using spare parts left over from the Mars rover. The whole package brought to mind what Ma and Pa Kent found in the Kansas wheatfield when Kal-El's voyage from the doomed planet Krypton ended.

I've bought my share of strollers in my day, but I don't remember space-age design like this. One stroller in particular had solid rubber wheels and a brake that would randomly lock, leaving me to push mightily until one of the wheels turned into a triangle.

God bless the inventors of new strollers. And while we've got him on the line here, I'd like to thank him for the fact that my stroller pushing days are behind me. At least until the next generation of Rileys start popping up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home