Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Monday, April 03, 2006

Grow up, Paulie Walnuts

I've been in pretty much the same place as Paulie Walnuts was in this week's episode of the "Sopranos,'' but you didn't see me go nuts and claim my life was all one big lie, did you?

Paulie finds out that his aunt was actually his biological mother, and loses all sense of who he is.
Given that he is a self-pitying sociopath, that might not be a bad thing. But when he loses himself, what he finds is that he is an even more self-pitying psychopath than before.

I was 17 when I found out that my biological mother was the woman I'd been taught to call my ''Aunt Judy'' and that mom was actually my maternal grandmother. It was a shocker, but only for a moment. ''Mom'' was the woman who fed me, loved me, took care of me when I was sick, and did all the rest it takes to be a parent.

Paulie needs to grow up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:17 PM, April 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home