Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Trick or treat?

My wife Susan is a butterfly. That's a given. We're locked into that. The question is, what will I become for the Halloween party to which we've been invited?

Sue is a pre-school teacher and the staff in her classroom had decided on the butterfly motif way back when. I wasn't consulted. Which is fine with me, since I don't plan on attending her party. But now, she's not going to get another costume for our party, so I'm stuck. Sue did suggest that I could get a pith helmet, a safari jacket and a butterfly net.

You try to find a pith helmet is all I've got to say about that.
And if you do find a pith helmet, I bet it wouldn't fit what some members of my family refer to as my "freakishly large head.'' So if you have any ideas about an appropriate, non-dainty costume for the husband of a butterfly, let me know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wrap youself in white cotton candy or cheesecloth and be her coccoon...

10:30 PM, October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home