Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Friday, November 10, 2006

A plug or two

Most of you who read this probably also take a look at my column in the Asbury Park Press. I even imagine a certain "anonymous'' here in the blogosphere reads it out of some masochistic impulse. Anyway, take a gander at this week's offering at http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061110/LIFE/611100393/1054. There you'll find me talking about a charity affair I went to. If you want more information on the charity, which raised more than $20,000 on a Sunday afternoon (and needs a whole bunch more), go to Sylvia's Children at http://www.sylviaschildren.org/800.html for what they do and how you can help. The sponsor of this particular soiree happened to be my wife's employer, The Home Away From Home Academy in Aberdeen (hi, honey!). Its Web site is http://www.homeawayfromhomeacademy.com/. The trailer park I grew up in, does not, to the best of my knowledge, have a Web site.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Riley, I received an Email several years ago (1999) from a Michael Riley who had some very thought provoking answers to questions I posted on a newsgroup concerning God and Angels. While the Michael Riley who answered my post did not identify himself as a pastor, I suspected as much. I have kept that Email and reread it from time to time. I'm not sure if you are the person who answered my Email, but the address was michael.riley@main-rheiner.de, which I believe is in Wiesbaden Germany. I would just like to find this person to thank him for his inspiring words.

2:35 AM, November 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home