Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Kiss-missing etiquette

Mornings at my house are not leisurely affairs. I left my bedroom at a pretty rapid clip this a.m. Halfway down the hallway, I realized that I had forgotten to kiss my beloved goodbye, and hurried back to buss my wife.
She was smiling and waiting expectantly.
"Forget something?'' she said and puckered up.
"Hold on there a minute, hot pants,'' I said. "I notice you weren't about to chase me down the hallway to give me this forgotten kiss. I had to make the trek back.''
"The person that leaves the room has to give the kiss,'' she said. "Them's the rules.''
What rules are these I want to know? It seems to me that my wife is making a morning good-bye kiss as complicated as French nobles' behavior in the court of Louis XVI. Which reminds me of another connection: Are French kisses permissible for the morning fare-thee-well?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, but usually not with your wife..

11:23 AM, July 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're acceptable but it makes the fare-thee well more difficult:)

2:52 PM, July 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home