Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Finally, a catalog to meet my needs

Just when I was thinking to myself, "Man, my rubber chicken is getting pretty old and ragged,'' comes across my desk the most recent supplement of the Johnson Smith Company catalog, called "Things You Never Knew Existed.''
Fine purveyors of novelties and magic tricks and tasteless jokes since 1914, I was sure they could meet my rubber chicken needs, and sure enough on page 19 there it was -- item DB 3045 Rubber Chicken, described as "The original world famous, full-size, full-color phony fowl'' for $5.98
If you are asking yourself, "What in the world would anybody want with a rubber chicken?'' then frankly, I'm not sure you're the sort of person I want to know.
You're probably the sort who thinks the phrase ''high quality fake vomit'' is an oxymoron.
The catalog is more than joy buzzers and whoopee cushions.
You can buy Halloween costumes, an Indiana Jones fedora, electronic geegaws and T-shirts that read "667 Neighbor of the Beast''
The Web version of the catalog can be found at: http://thingsyouneverknew.com/website/aspfiles/home.asp
But stay away from the X-Ray Specs -- those things are a rip-off.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was there a "how to write a funny column" potion in it, too? I suggest you buy a gross of it.

1:19 PM, September 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the Spencer's gift catalog!

4:06 PM, September 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there are about 4-5 different anonymous.

6:43 PM, September 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least!

9:14 PM, September 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you shop from the Not-so-Sharper Image..

2:11 PM, September 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a "Blogging for Dummies" catalog coming out soon?

4:14 PM, September 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, you should also check out the Archie McPhee catalog at http://www.mcphee.com/

I know they used to have rubber chickens (AND a miniature rubber chicken keychain!). Lots of cool 'popular culture' stuff...

3:00 PM, October 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home