Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Went to Harvard, won the Pulitzer, climbed Everest

So, the CEO of Radio Shack had to resign when it was discovered he had padded his resume. Well, not padded the thing so much as out-and-out lied about where he'd gone to school and what degrees he had received.

David Edmonson has said that he had a degree in psychology, a four-year degree. Or was it a three-year degree in theology. Actually, he says, he can't document the theology degree.
In any event, there were books with a lot of big words in them.

Let me just say that if you're gonna fib about having a theology degree, you will be answerable to more than just a board of directors. "You studied what?'' I hear God saying. "Did you get to the part about not lying?''

I never padded my resume, because when it came down to do it, I was woefully underqualified for every major job I held, at least at the time I landed it. And my employers knew it and took a gamble on me.

Honesty is the best policy, because it's easier than lying and having to remember what lie you told and to whom. I'm too lazy for that kind work. But I would like to know if any of you lied to get a job and if you got caught and what happened.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Dan Rather said you can lie and be honest at the same time if you are Bill Clinton.So who are you going to believe God or Dan Rather? Or is there a difference?

3:36 PM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home