Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Friday, July 07, 2006

Dirty capitalism

So, yesterday I'm booming down Route 130 in Burlington County on my way to pick up my wife, who was visiting her mother at the lovely Baptist Home of South Jersey. I pass one of those bunker-like concrete block buildings that usually house either a sad, nasty bar or, in this case, an adult video store.

A banner across the front wall read: "Under New Management.'' And so I thought to myself, "What possible difference would that make?''

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be honest, Riley, do you feel any guilt whatsoever cashing the paycheck The Asbury Park Press gives you? You have no game, brother. I've seen high school kids that write better than you do.

6:47 AM, July 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, anonymous, "don't be a hater"

10:58 PM, July 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was there also a "buy one get one free" sign? did you get the free video?

10:59 PM, July 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the service is faster?

12:10 PM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps they bricked up the windows to better protect the privacy of the patrons.

4:09 PM, July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home