Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

All I want for Christmas....

Is it too early to start dropping hints about what you want for Christmas to your family and friends? Now, right away, I can hear some of you already getting your shorts in a bunch... "Doesn't Riley understand the reason for the season?'' Of course I do. Which is why I like to keep my greed separate from the spiritual and theological elements of Christmas.

I'm actually a very good gift-giver if I do say so myself. I've already picked out my son Christopher's present (It's a box set of Marx brothers' films.) And my wife Susan is such a low-maintenance girl that pretty much anything I get her elicits wide eyes and wonder.

But when it comes to what I want, my hints go sailing right over their sugar-plummed heads. So I have to come right and say what it is I want. Not that it matters. I don't get it anyway.

Here's what I want my family to get me, their patriarch. It's what I've been asking for for the last two years: A series of scripts from the late, lamented "West Wing" TV series downloaded and bound at Kinko's, and a second tattoo. You'd think I was asking for the sun, moon and stars.
Sheesh.

What I'm interested in, among the Machiavellian revelers among you, is what kind of lures do you use to get your Christmas swag? There has got to be a better way than leaving a cut-out picture of the hoped-for gift lying on the coffee table.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, for starters , you have your own blog site with a wish list for your faithful readers/bloggers to research for you..Merry Christmas! hope you like the script Roger Rueff is sending you..and why not get your second tattoo on your right arm imprinted with, "The West Wing" on your personal west wing? Is second best to the scripts but is at least your tattoo wish. Maybe you can get your bosses to okay a series on "The day in the life of local tattoo parlors " and for research purposes a tattoo mysteriously appears on your person and certain research charges appear on your monthly expenses report...

11:00 PM, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home