Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Friday, November 24, 2006

The fruit of my loins slays me

It was good to have all my sons together for Thanksgiving. Christopher, my second oldest, made it back on Wednesday night, having spent a few days at his girlfriend's parents' house in Maine.
"That's great,'' I said. "Although, you know, we would have been happy to have her here. We'd like to get to meet her.''
Chris paused.
"You know I love you dad, but you are a little weird,'' he said. "I told her I was an orphan. Just makes things easier all around.''
And the legacy of the Riley wit gets passed to a new generation....

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Stilley said...

What wit? My guess is that he was serious.

11:52 PM, November 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was only half serious, thank you. My folks are grand(ish).

2:32 AM, November 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure Christopher forgets he's an "orphan" when he hits up the folks when he needs a few extra bucks to spend on his girlfriend...

5:29 PM, November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home