Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Monday, February 12, 2007

And this is the thanks I get?...


I try to live my life in a way that spreads a little a sunshine in this world. Always ready with a kind word and a smile, I like to make the gray, lonely lives of editors and reporters a touch brighter by sharing a story or two.


And because there is no such thing as a pure motive in this world, I'll freely admit that when people pay you to write funny stuff, sometimes you want to find out if it's funny someplace besides inside your own head.


So you try out lines now and then.You'd think the sweet, good-hearted souls in the newsroom would appreciate both the giving and the taking. You'd be dead wrong. The above coupon has been surreptiously making the rounds of the newsroom. I just hope this thing doesn't fall into the wrong hands. If my wife and kids get hold of this, I'm sunk.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any 2fer specials? where do we cash it in? (only kidding)...keep those anecdotes coming.. your co-workers may be designing a large no-anecdote zone sign soon so take advantage while you still have time...

7:58 PM, February 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless your anecdotes! Oops, He already does.

10:27 AM, February 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About as often as the Red Sox win the Series, Ray.

6:00 AM, February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home