Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sue: "I hab a bad cod...''

I was talking to a colleague around lunch time when my wife called me.
It turns out that she had tried to go to work today and lasted but a few hours before the virus she's had just laid her low and she came on home.
After our conversation ended, I turned back to a coworker.
"That was the human petri dish I married," I explained. "When it comes to fending off the odd rhinovirus, she's like France -- waving the white flag of phlegm."
My coworker looked at me coolly.
"Well," she said, "at least she has you to support her in her time of need.''
I recognize sarcasm when I hear it.
But honest to goodness, Susan's body just seems to say, "Hellooo, sailor!" to every germ and bug around.
Her sinuses are sanctuary cities for alien infections.
She had a string of such maladies our first year of marriage.
"I know I married you in sickness and health, sweetie," I said to her. "When do we get to the healthy part?"
Sue didn't miss a beat.
"I married you for richer and for poorer," she said. "When do we get to the richer part?"
She gets a little cranky when she's under the weather.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:16 PM, October 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great the way we were so intelligently designed and function so well in a world that was made just for us? Or maybe the Intelligent Designer is The Great Practical Joker and thought he'd throw in a myriad of disease organisms just to watch us in our discomfort.

10:35 PM, October 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"She get's a little cranky when she's under the weather" M Riley

NO, actually she's funnier. Got your just desserts, did you?

9:43 AM, October 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you removed that jerk's post from 5:16 PM, 10/10/07.

10:51 PM, October 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was way too personal.

9:16 AM, October 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed it. What did it say ray/margaret?Now I am curious.

1:04 PM, October 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would give some kind of credence to the nonsense to say what it said. It was a cheap shot, is what it was.

4:26 PM, October 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home